Banned from Amazon How to get back on? is one of the the most popular fear of any Amazon seller. Amazon is the world’s largest online marketplace, with over 300 million active customers and millions of sellers, offers immense opportunities for entrepreneurs and sellers worldwide. However, the journey on this platform isn’t always smooth sailing, as Amazon sometimes bans its users for various reasons. But don’t despair, there may be ways to get back on Amazon after being banned, depending on your situation and the reason for your ban. This article will delve deeper into clarifying: Banned from Amazon How to get back on?
Why Does Amazon Ban Its Users?
Amazon has a set of policies and standards that it expects its users to follow and respect. These policies and standards are designed to protect the interests and safety of Amazon, its customers, and its sellers. If you violate any of these policies and standards, you may face consequences, such as account suspension or termination.
Some of the common reasons why Amazon bans its users are:
- Selling prohibited or restricted products, such as counterfeit goods, illegal drugs, weapons, hazardous materials
- Infringing intellectual property rights, such as trademarks, copyrights, or patents
- Manipulating reviews, feedback, or ratings, such as paying for positive reviews, leaving negative reviews for competitors, or creating multiple accounts
- Engaging in fraudulent or illegal activities, such as hacking, phishing, scamming, or money laundering
- Having poor performance metrics, such as high order defect rate, late shipment rate, cancellation rate, or refund rate
- Failing to respond to customer messages or inquiries or providing poor customer service.
- Returning items too frequently or abusing the return policy
- Providing false or incomplete information about your identity, business, or products
- Failing to verify your phone number, email address, or bank account.
Depending on the severity and frequency of your violations, Amazon may suspend your account temporarily or permanently. A temporary suspension means that you can still access your account, but you cannot sell or buy anything until you resolve the issue. A permanent suspension means that you cannot access your account at all, and you lose all your history, reviews, feedback, and ratings.
How to Get Back on Amazon After Being Banned?
After understanding the reasons why, can you go back to amazon after being terminated? If you have been banned from Amazon, you may want to get back on the platform and resume your selling or buying activities. There are different ways to do that, depending on the reason and severity of your ban. Here are some possible methods, including navigating Amazoker’s account recovery service:
Appeal the ban decision:
If you think that your ban was unjustified or a mistake, you can try to appeal the ban decision by sending an appeal letter to Amazon. Your appeal letter should include three main parts: an introduction, an analysis, and a plan of action. You should explain why your account was banned, what caused the problem, and what steps you have taken and will take to fix it and prevent it from happening again.
You should also provide evidence and documentation to support your appeal, such as invoices, receipts, images, emails, or relevant links. You should send your appeal letter to the email address that Amazon provided you in their notification email and follow their instructions on how to format and send your appeal. You should also monitor your email and be ready to provide more information or documents if Amazon requests.
The processing time of Amazon appeal letter may vary from a few hours to a few weeks, depending on each specific case. You should be patient and not send multiple appeal letters at the same time, as this may slow down the process and cause confusion. You should also follow up with Amazon if necessary and ask for an update on your appeal.
Use Amazoker’s account recovery service:
If you want to save time and increase your chances of success in appealing a ban, you may consider using a third-party service to help you with this task. Amazoker is a professional and trustworthy company that specializes in helping Amazon sellers with ungating services, account suspension appeals, account verification issues, and category ungating services. Amazoker has helped hundreds of sellers appeal a ban quickly and effectively, with a high success rate and positive customer feedback.
Amazoker provides a multitude of benefits and advantages for selecting their services, including:
- Full refund guarantee if account not approved.
- Reputable and trustworthy Amazon Ungating service
- Repeat appeals until success.
- Best rated amazon brand and category approval service
To use Amazoker’s account recovery service, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit their website https://amazoker.com and click on the “Get Started” button.
- Fill out the form with your name, email, phone number, and account details.
- Choose the service that you need, such as account suspension appeal, account verification issue, or category ungating service.
- Pay the service fee using a secure payment method.
- Wait for Amazoker to contact you and provide you with a customized appeal letter and plan of action.
- Submit the appeal letter and plan of action to Amazon using the email address that Amazoker provides you.
- Wait for Amazon to review your appeal and respond to you.
- If your appeal is approved, enjoy your reinstated account and sell more and earn more.
- If your appeal is denied, contact Amazoker and they will revise and resubmit your appeal until you get approval.
Register a new account:
If you are unable to appeal your ban or you do not want to recover your old account, you may try to register a new account on Amazon. However, this is not recommended and may be risky, as you may violate Amazon’s legal policies and get sued or banned again. You will also lose your previous account history, reviews, feedback, and ratings. If you still want to register a new account, you need to do the following:
- Establish a fresh legal identity, ensuring the new account is associated with a different name
- Use a new credit card and bank account.
- Set up a new email address, phone number, and physical address.
- Use a new IP address for your computer or use a VPN.
- Avoid using any information or devices that are linked to your old account.
- Follow Amazon’s policies and standards and avoid any violations or issues.
“Banned from Amazon how to get back on” can be a frustrating and stressful experience, but it is not the end of the world. You can try to get back on the platform by appealing the ban decision, using Amazoker’s account recovery service, or registering a new account. However, the best way to avoid getting banned is to follow Amazon’s policies and standards and provide a good customer experience.