Running a business through the Amazon platform has many obstacles sellers need to overcome in order to avoid an Amazon suspension. Even when you sell products following their policies, people still have the ability to leave complaints. And if you receive a negative complaint, there is a chance your account will be suspended.
A major aspect of the most common types of complaints leading to suspensions are rooted in buyer complaints. Here’s a breakdown of what each of these types of complaints mean for the future of your selling privileges on Amazon.com.
1. Inauthentic Complaints
Inauthentic products are the ones purchased from unauthorized sellers. In many cases, sellers are selling genuine goods, but they are inauthentic because of WHERE the seller bought their goods. They are either selling gray market goods (unauthorized sources, diverted inventory), retail arbitrage, or liquidation goods.
If you receive a customer contact, negative feedback, a product review or a return reason that contains keywords like “fake” or “inauthentic ” then begin preparing a defense now. Amazon will warn the seller at best, suspend or permanently close the account at worst.
Well, if that is the case, you need to show evidence of purchase to the seller performance team to confirm that all your goods were purchased from an authorized dealer.
Learn how to deal with Inauthentic Complaints here.
2. Used Products Sold As New
What you may have failed to realize is that the packaging is not the same; or the item, while never being used, was returned. Amazon now considers these products used and you cannot sell them as new. Even if the product truly was never used, just returned, the product cannot be labeled as new. Amazon and their customers expect perfect packaging, and that is exactly what you need to provide if you are selling a product labeled as “New”.
If your Amazon seller account has already been suspended, you will need to show that your company has been updated on the new policies and will never repeat the same mistake again. With a well-written plan of action, it is likely that your account will be reinstated.
Learn how to deal with Used Sold as New suspension here.
3. Intellectual Property Rights
As an Amazon seller, you should be aware of the Intellectual Property(IP) issues that regularly arise when selling on Amazon. Intellectual Property for Amazon sellers involve 3 types:
- Copyrights are legal protections for original works of authorship
- Trademarks are legal protections for a word, symbol, design, or combination of the same that a company uses to identify goods and services
- Patents are legal protections for inventions
How to Avoid Future Infringements
For Private Label products:
- When uploading your product information, pay extra attention to the wording you use, and make sure everything is original.
- Look up keywords and phrases in trademark databases, such as Justia Trademarks.
- Before listing a private label item, make sure it’s innovative and unique, even if it passes your patent check.
If you build up stock from third parties:
- Check who owns intellectual property rights and selling rights for every item you list, if possible.
- Check that you have the property rights owner’s consent for all the data you enter in the product listing fields, including photos.
- Keep a record of itemized bills and invoices for every product you source, and check them before listing.
- Make sure your documents are invoices, not order acknowledgments, proformas, commercial invoices, etc.
- Research your suppliers and their competitors, and avoid buying liquidation stock from wholesalers who can’t offer supporting documents in an investigation.
Deal with Intellectual property suspension
Head to Plan of action for Intellection Property issues if you get suspension due to Intellectual property complaints
4. Products Not As Described
Many sellers want to be as descriptive as possible when selling their products. You may even describe your product as a “type” of product, while it is not exactly that product brand. The best solution is to take immediate action. You need to clarify precisely that your product is not a certain brand, but rather is like this brand. This mistake could lead to multiple complaints for inauthentic item and for not as described items.
In your plan of action, you will need to show that you quickly corrected your mistake and that you will take preventative actions so that this never occurs again. It also may be in your best interest to look back at your listing and make sure the pictures match exactly to the product being sold and that the descriptions perfectly describe the product you are selling.
If any suspended Amazon Seller is having difficulty reinstating their listing or sellers account due to Complaints, feel free to contact Amazoker. We are providing Appeal Service to help you with your issue in the shortest time.