There’s no doubt that having a high product ranking on Amazon is a great way to increase sellers’ sales, as more potential customers will find your products when searching the site. But keep in mind that there are no shortcuts in becoming a successful Amazon seller. To rank successfully on Amazon, it’s important for sellers to understand and improve factors that are matter to Amazon product ranking.
Let’s take a look at 6 importance factors below on how to improve your product ranking.
1. Keyword Research
That’s problematic as proper keyword use is one of the surefire ways to get your product on the top of most rankings. Choose relevant keywords so that your products can be found on search terms. Start off by creating an effective product title that has the keyword in it — something that would attract buyers and that will appear in common search results. For more help with keyword research, use Amazon’s own instant fill-in search drop-down or other tools like Google Keyword Planner and MerchantWords. You can also set up an Amazon PPC campaign to get high volume keywords for your niche market.
2. Product Listing
Long-term sales are important and they start with properly optimizing your product listing for conversions. In order to achieve a high conversion rate, create a product listing that would stand out from the rest.
- Title: A good product title will increase your conversion rate. To optimize your Amazon product title, it should contain keywords, be easy to read and be under 200 characters.
- Bullet points should be easy and quick to read, so your customers are going to look at this area with priority.
- Product description: Use the product description to expand on your features and include your keywords. It’s worth putting the effort into getting this right as a great product description will increase your customer engagement and conversion rates.
- Include high-quality images with a product specification to match.
Refer to here for Creating Great Detail Page Content.
Completing your product listing will mean that your product has a higher possibility of being listed at the top of product search results. This helps improve overall Amazon ranking. Partnering with an eCommerce platform that offers product syndication to Amazon will also help your ranking.
3. High-Speed Shipping and Order Processing
What is always found with sellers who have a high Amazon ranking? They offer high-speed shipping and order processing. As a seller, you want to ensure your customers are happy and satisfied with your products, service, and brand. To do this, stay consistent when processing and shipping orders. Make it a point to keep an eye on accuracy and speed in order processing. You don’t want to receive complaints from customers due to inaccuracy or slow shipping and by doing the opposite, you may even encourage satisfied customer feedback.
4. Product Reviews
Reviews are extremely important when it comes to ranking your page. Amazon wants to rank product pages highest that have good reviews.
Enticing customers to give your product positive feedback will lead to higher rankings and more clicks from other Amazon shoppers. This, in turn, will equate to a spike in orders and sales. When sales are high, processing and shipping are consistent, and your customer service is good, you’ll earn even more positive reviews.
5. Product Availability
Inventory management is essential for maintaining customer satisfaction, steady sales, and your Amazon ranking. If you want to get to the top of the rankings and remain at the top, you must keep your products in stock. Amazon won’t rank products at the top if users can’t immediately buy them. It’s discouraging for a user to click on your listing and see they can’t get the product for 10 days because it’s out of stock.
6. Positive Selling History
Your selling history impacts not only your ability to win the Buy Box, but also your search rank. This means keeping customers happy and delivering quality products on time. Here are a few tips to make that happen:
- Respond to correspondence and resolve problems quickly.
- Provide fast, efficient shipping. Or use Fulfillment by Amazon, which has Amazon do the work for you.
- Keep inventory accurate. Overselling is a big black mark with Amazon.
- Keep your order defect rate below 1%, your late ship rate below 4% and your pre-fulfillment cancel rate below 2.5%.
- Actively seek reviews.
If you want to earn more Amazon sales, it’s crucial that you pay attention to those above factors which will work together to speed up your sales volume and boost your Amazon ranking. When your sale volume spikes, expect more visibility in search results, and more sales in the long run. And never stop experimenting! Amazon is a great place for big opportunities and when done right, has taken regular people and turned them into successful entrepreneurs!
More Amazon Selling Strategies: